Saturday, February 6, 2010

DIY Photography Tips

I don't have money to spend on really cool photography stuff. We are getting a new printer with some of our tax return money and that is something we have been planning ( and excited for ) for like 3 or 4 months now! So when you look around at all of the cool stuff they have for your cameras to improve and/or enhance your photos, you want ALL of it! And it cost SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much money. Way too much for me who doesn't take pictures for money yet. So for now I am stuck trying to make my own stuff. I found a web site called diyphotography.net Check it out for lots of cool tips. Here is just one I thought I would share for now.
GO HERE and check out this person way to never lose your lens cap. very creative and can be custom done to your liking! Awesome.

I have been looking into bokeh and reading a lot of DIY tips about it and making your own lens to do this. I am going to try and bunch of stuff over the next week or so and hopefully write a blog about this. It's so fun to just try things out and if even just ONE of them works then it's worth it. Also does anyone use regular old film any more???? I found like 5 or 6 rolls of film and we don't even have a camera that works any more that takes it. I think one of the rolls is even black and white which is my FAVORITE. Does someone want to pay me for shipping and I'll send it to you for free! Just let me know cause it is just sitting here and I hate to see good film go to waste.

1 comment:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

oooo, what a cute idea. I don't know how many times I've had to creatively hold my lens out of the way. I'm all about that hole punching tool also. Nice!