Friday, July 22, 2011

Best Words Ever

I think one of the best compliments for a photographer is when you hear the words, "Would you mind taking these pictures for me?" This happened to me while on vacation.

My Father in law grew up in a SMALL town in Utah called Alton.  They still have a farm there that his parents left him and his sister Glenna.  They have TONS of land and someday we will own a couple of acres.  We want to build a cabin on ours if we can.  It's beautiful there.  It has harsh winters I am told.  My husband said he remembers seeing a picture or being told that one winter that the snow reach the top of the house.  Needless to say we will probably only stay there in the summer.  The summer weather is so nice.  We have gone there the last 2 July's in a row.  Last year we had a big family reunion.  It was so fun.  This year was a little smaller for us. We missed everyone by a day.  When we first got there I was walking around the house and taking pictures.  Glenna saw me and I told her I was just taking pictures. She seemed a little weirded out by it.  I don't want to make people uncomfortable or anything so I took a little but didn't take as many as I wanted.  They have tons of stuff in the house from their parents.  ANY WAYS.

The next day we were driving to go back up to Alton and I said something to Cody about how I thought Aunt Glenna thought I was kinda crazy walking around the house taking pictures. We laughed about it.  When we got to the house I had to use the restroom so I went inside and as soon as I walked in the door Glenna told me she had found a bunch of treasures of her parents and grand parents and was wondering if I would take pictures for her.  I was THRILLED!  So here are some pictures I got while walking around finding cool things in the house.
















Well I am off to bed.  I thought these pictures were all edited all ready so I was just going to add them but they are not. Go figure.  Tomorrow I hope to add the pictures Glenna had me take. There are some cool things she has!

1 comment:

kailiaelf said...

There were a few things in there that reminded me of when I would visit my grandparents in Idaho. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!